Takeaway Friday from your kitchen – Chinese Style Pork Ribs
If someone had told you that 2020 would look like this, I’m sure you would’ve looked at them like they were crazy right! Buy here we are. I hope you are staying connected to friends and family, it honestly makes such a big difference. What are you you looking forward to once this is all over? I can’t wait to be eating all my favourite takeaways! But in the meantime, whilst we’re in lockdown, I thought I would share one of my favourites. Super easy and definitely worth the wait! Perfect treat after a long week – Chinese style pork ribs. Now I would usually use beef ribs but I couldn’t get my hands on any.
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 200 ml Gluten free soy sauce
- 1 Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp All purpose seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas 3.
- Season your meat with some salt, black pepper, tbsp of garlic powder and add some olive oil
- Brown your ribs in a pan, ensuring to flip occasionally
- Once brown, set aside in a baking tray. Prepare the marinade in a bowl so you can reserve a bit for later. Add your: soy sauce, garlic, 5 spice powder, honey, black pepper, all purpose, brown sugar, sesame oil and top with water. Mix well and pour over your ribs ensuring it is well covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven. After about 1 hour 15 minutes cooking time, add extra honey into the reserved marinade, and pour over the ribs. Cover with foil, and continue baking for another 30 minutes.